Monday, September 25, 2006

Redman

I don't really know where to start. There's so much to tell about this past weekend it's hard to know where to begin. First I want to say, I finished! My time was 16:03 but that really doesn't matter. All I wanted for my first Ironman was to finish and that's what I did. Time goals will have to wait until next time. It was an incredible experience, one that I will never forget. I've always heard about how Ironman changes people and as I crossed the finish line Saturday I wondered if I would feel any different. Mostly I just felt amazed that I made it, that I had finished and fulfilled a dream and not died somewhere along the way. I'm so excited to have made it but at the same time I feel a little lost. Even though I only trained for a few months it seems like my life became defined by Ironman training. It's strange to wake up and not have to think about how to fit in a 2 mile swim, a 30 mile bike ride or a 6 mile run. So that's all for now. I'm going out for wings and a beer and then it's back to eating well and traing for a 50k run tomorrow. I'll finish this story later, there's still so much to say.

1 comment:

Rick said...

You rocked that tri! Nine months after you start running, windy conditions, complete an iron-distance, and take second in your age group. You are amazing!